Ingredients (Yield: 12 bite-size pieces)
1 cup Mini Marshmallows
1 cup Desiccated Coconut, Unsweetened
3 tbsp Milk
1 tbsp Butter, or Soft Margarine
½ tsp Vanilla Extract
¼ tsp Cocoa Powder
Red Food Coloring
3 tbsp Sugar (Optional)
1. Line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray.
2. Heat milk in a small sauce pan on med-low heat till warm (add sugar at this point if preferred). Stir in marshmallows. Whisk constantly to avoid sticking to the bottom.
3. When all the marshmallows are melted, add the desiccated coconut and vanilla extract. Turn off the heat. Whisk till well blended.
4. Divide the mixture into two equal parts and tint half with cocoa powder and the other half with red food coloring. Make sure to add a drop at a time to reach the desired shade. I used about 2 drops of my gel food color to produce the color in the pictures. Gel food colors tend to give more vibrant colors than liquid food colors. Paste food colors are give the most intense colors and should be use with caution.
5. Pack the colored mixtures into the loaf pan. Layer one color at a time.
6. Be creative and decorate as you wish! (heart sprinkles would be cute)
7. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to set.
8. Remove from the pan. Cut into bite-size pieces with your favorite cutter.
9. Pack into cute treat bags/gift boxes for your sweetheart~
This “fudge” recipe is quick and simple. If you skip the sugar, these are not too sweet. Great for health-conscious sweethearts. I’m sure Valentine’s treats need not to be too sweet because your thoughtful hearts are the sweetest gift after all. Have a wonderful Valentine's~xoxo