5 Chicken drumsticks, Skin-on, Bone-in (the mixture can easily make double my test batch)
1 cup flour, All-Purpose or Whole Wheat
1 tbsp Montreal Steak Spice
1 tsp Chilli Powder
1tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Salt
½ tsp Pepper
1 can (approx 2 cups) Coconut Milk, Butter Milk or Whole Milk
2 tbsp Butter, or Margarine (for baking the chicken)
1 tsp Butter, or Margarine (for dipping)
1 tbsp Sugar (for dipping)
1. Soak chicken in coconut milk (salted with ½ tsp salt) for about 15min.
2. Mix all spices with 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
3. Preheat oven to 400F (200C)
4. Line the baking sheet, covering all the depth and add 2 tbsp butter (mine has basil in it J) and melt it in the preheating oven.
5. Take chicken out of coconut milk and coat evenly with the flour/spice mixture. Do not discard the milk.
6. Place chicken 5 cm apart onto the baking sheet.
7. Bake each side for about 15-20min.
8. Coconut Dipping: Heat coconut milk (left from soaking the chicken) to a boil, reduce heat to low, thicken with the left-over flour/spice mixture (adding approx. 1tsp at a time), sugar and butter. Make sure to whisk, whisk, and whisk to prevent the sauce sticking to the bottom of the pan.
9. Make it look pretty and yummy. Enjoy~
The chicken has a wonderful combination of flavors. The sweet and spicy coconut sauce reduce the heat and feels refreshing for the taste buds. I think it can be even healthier with the chicken skin removed. Boneless chicken breasts would be ideal. Next time I want to play with the texture by substituting whole-wheat flour with panko~